Justified

Justified

Thursday, April 7, 2011

LADY IN WAITING

According to Wikipedia a Lady In Waiting is a female personal assistant at a noble court, attending to a queen, a princess or other noblewoman. A lady-in-waiting is often a noblewoman from a family highly thought of in good society, but usually from a lower rank (i.e., a lesser noble) than the one she attends to, she is not considered a servant. Their duties varied from court to court.
Well I do consider myself a lady in waiting. But not according to Wikipedia's definition. Although I do attend to a noble court, but not a Queen however. I attend to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. I am a Lady In Waiting for God's promises to come to pass in my life. 
Being a Lady In Waiting is not always easy. As years go by, at times I tend to loose hope and I start to complain and start to question God.  God what is taking so long.  Do you even care about me? So I have my little pity party, shed a tear or two. Well, more than one or two. But then I feel this warm hug around me and I hear this gentle voice that whispers my name and that says to me, "OK, the party is over. Dry your tears and pick yourself back up." 
As I read my favorite Bible verse, Jeremiah 29:11, " For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." I start to feel this renewed feeling of hope. 
The word plans in Hebrew is Machashabah, which means thought and purpose. God's thoughts and purpose for my life are filled with prosperity and peace. He desires to give me a future that will bring peace and prosperity into my life. The amplified version puts it this way: "For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome."
What is the outcome that you have been waiting for? God wants to give you that outcome. An outcome filled with hope. But many times that outcome takes time. As humans we hate waiting. We want things in an instant. We want microwaveable outcomes. We want things in our Chronos,  and we are not patient enough to wait for God's Kairos. 
Chronos is a Greek word, meaning time on the move, time as before and after, time as the future passing through the present and so becoming the past. In addition to chronos, however, the Greeks also spoke of time as a moment, time as occasion, time as qualitative rather than quantitative, time as significant rather than dimensional. This second word for time is kairos.
We need to learn to wait for God's Kairos. His appointed time, His perfect timing. Many times we get discouraged and rush into things and fail and get hurt because we move in our chronos and are not willing to wait for God's Kairos. When we wait for God's Kairos and grab on to God's word and promises that He has already planned for us, when we seek first His Kingdom and even though we have a pity party now and then. But if we pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and continue marching forward waiting for God's appointed time, then we will receive the outcome that we have been waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment