Justified

Justified

Friday, April 8, 2011

KEEP IT PUSHIN!

In keeping in theme with my last blog.  I remember that when I was in college I had a teacher that would use the saying "Keep It Pushin." It means to keep moving, forget about it and move on. Life has many trial, ups and downs and sometimes heartache. Many times it is hard to keep it pushin!
God's word tells us in Colossians 1:11-12 (New King James Version)
11 "strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; 12 giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light."  The word STRENGTHENED in Greek is DUNAMOO, which means to be made strong, to confirm and to capacitate. God knows that we are week by nature. That is why we are exhorted to be strengthened. Sometimes we say to ourselves, but I have gone through so much heartache and pain. I feel like I just can't keep it pushin. 
The Bible tells us about a man named Jacob. A man who was used to getting his way through lies and deceit. He was used to doing things his own way. He had struggled with his brother Esau and with Laban. But finally, Jacob's past had caught up with him. He found himself fleeing from Esau. In Genesis 32:1-33:11 we find him struggling with someone else. This was no ordinary someone. Now he was struggling with God.
There has been times in my life that I have found myself struggling with God when I don't get my own way. When I find myself in the midst of another trial. I tend to get discouraged. I find myself wanting to complain and not move forward. There are times when I just don't want to KEEP IT PUSHIN! 
When I find myself struggling there is only one thing that can help me and that is to have an encounter with God just like Jacob. 
During Jacobs struggle, The Angel of the Lord touched his thigh, which was immediately out of joint. I can only imagine that at that moment Jacob was exhausted and in great pain. But even in the midst of his struggle, in the midst of exhaustion and pain, Jacob KEPT IT PUSHIN. You see Jacob was tired of doing things his own way. He knew that God had a blessing for him.
At that moment Jacob's determination and his desire to go for more of what God had for him, strengthened him with all might. Even though he was exhausted, in pain in fear of what his brother would do if he found him, Jacob KEPT IT PUSHIN.
God has more for you. More than you can ever dream. 1 Corinthians 2:9-10 (King James Version) 9"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. God has treasures hidden for you."  He has hidden them, not so that you cannot find them. But they have been hidden so that no one can steal what belongs to you. He wants to reveal them to you through His Holy Spirit.  We cannot let life's trials hold us back. Even in the midst of struggles, exhaustion and pain we need to KEEP IT PUSHIN.
We have to have the complete conviction that God has so much more for our lives. In order to obtain those hidden treasures we need to have an encounter with God. We need to seek Him in prayer and say to God, I know you have so much more for me. I know you have treasures hidden for me. Therefore I will never give up, I will never let you go Lord, I will hold on to your promises. I WILL KEEP IT PUSHIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment